
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly planning to move back to the UK in the coming weeks after more than six years in California.
The Telegraph has reported that the couple are set to relocate to a private, non-royal residence thought to be outside London later this month.
The couple’s children, Archie, 7, and Lilibet, 5, have been enrolled to start at a British school in September.

While the move raises the prospect that Harry and Meghan could reprise their royal working roles in the future, they have no immediate plans to do so.
The UK’s King Charles was informed of the move on Sunday and it is believed that Harry did not discuss it with him during their visit at Highgrove in July.
Charles is said to be happy with the chance to see more of his family regularly, both in a private and professional capacity, though he is clear that their status as non-working royals and private individuals will remain. William and Kate have also already been told about the move.

Harry has been fighting for police protection for his family in the UK for several years, something he previously said that he wouldn’t be comfortable moving without.
Meghan will continue to run her lifestyle brand, As Ever, from the UK and the couple will retain their homes in Montecito, California, and Portugal.
It has been suggested that the couple’s primary home will be in England for the foreseeable future, though it has not yet been decided whether to make the move permanent.

Harry and Meghan have been living away from the royal family’s home since seeking privacy and quitting their duties in 2020.
After a year of the couple living abroad, Elizabeth II released a statement confirming that they would not ‘continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service’.
She declared that Harry and Meghan could not pursue a ‘half-in, half-out’ approach to royal duties while also cashing in on commercial opportunities.











